Treasury Systems: Review, Renew and Integrate
March 22-23 2022 | 2pm-4pm GMT
This course will look at the opportunities treasury technology can provide. Discover whether you need to completely re-engineer your treasury technology, replace legacy systems or simply upgrade and enhance existing infrastructure. This includes a framework of how to define your requirements for the optimum systems configuration for your organisation and how to run a successful selection and implementation project and the benefits of efficient integration.
Who is this course for
- Treasury personnel who want to review their current treasury technology, those about to start a project or are already in a project and need further guidance/
- IT personnel who are part of the project team/
- Systems suppliers and financial institutions who need to understand their clients’ perspective.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Maximise the benefits of treasury technology within your own organisation
- Identify opportunities for an in-house review of processes and systems
- Build a treasury system requirements definition
- Be aware of the products available in the market
- Understand the steps necessary to complete a successful technology project from selection to implementation
Reviewing Treasury and Selecting SystemsStart time: 2:00 pm End time: 4:00 pm
Welcome and Introduction
- Delegates issues and course needs
- The treasurer’s view
- The drivers for investing in new technology
- The role of technology
- Systems used in treasury – an overview
Case Study and examples: System configuration
Reviewing processes and technology in your company
- “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – or do I leave my comfort zone?
- What is treasury trying to achieve? Do you have a mission statement?
- Review processes and how technology is applied
- Integrating systems
- Identify the need
Case Study – Fine Tuning Treasury around existing processes and systems
Case Study – Develop existing systems
Case Study – Replace TMS
COVID 19 – Working in different times
- Running the project
- What options are there?
Starting the Project – First steps
- Examining the three alternatives
- Project goals
- Commitment and budget
- Project team formation – partly remote? Discuss.
- Project plan – planning ahead
- Review and requirements definition – key project document
- Proposed system map/configuration
System Selection and System ImplementationStart time: 2:00 pm End time: 4:00 pm
- Recap of Session 1 and questions
- Introduction to Session 2
Selecting systems (applicable and adaptable to TMS and all other advanced systems used within treasury)
- Information gathering and RFI – collecting the data and knowledge
- Building the Request for Proposal document (RFP)
- First round demonstrations – preparation and running
- System workshops – preparation and running
- Final decision and contract – Making the final decision
- The supplier’s role – general and COVID19 specific.
Review of systems available
- A high level view of the various suppliers with some introductory supplier slides.
A selection of case studies involving the selection and implementation of treasury systems – successes and problems.
System Implementation – Managing the project
- Preparation and organization
- Working around COVID 19
- Project governance and the necessary documentation
Group discussion – What problems?
- Project plan
- On-going management
- Closing the project
- Project management skills
- What happens next