Driving efficiency & growth
The Middle East and Africa (MEA) region is reeling from the combined shock of the pandemic and the dramatic fall in oil prices, which have only begun to recover.
As the pandemic plays out, treasury leaders in the MEA region must adjust to a new reality, as any recovery is likely to be uneven in a changed post pandemic world.
In the Middle East, liquidity and working capital remains key, as credit risks increase and cashflows are uncertain in core markets and sectors, including oil, real estate and tourism.
Africa has seen much hard won progress being reversed by the economic impacts of the pandemic in many countries, with several sovereigns at risk of default. Yet the region remains full of potential as treasurers work through testing times and prepare for recovery.
You can still register for our virtual event until 17 May to access sessions and content, and discover how to seize the opportunities while you secure your business in this dynamic environment.
- Hear sessions with focus on the new risk environment, the medium and long term prospects for the region, and key lessons from 2020.
- Discover the latest thinking on liquidity and funding conditions for 2021.
- Learn how to overcome the challenges of managing hard currency shortages due to foreign capital flight.
- Discover how technology and digitisation is supporting treasury leaders as the ‘pandemic plays out’.
The conference also looked at the latest innovations to improve efficiency and support business growth in the MEA region.
Corporate treasurers and heads of finance are entitled to a complimentary registration.
We welcomed 300+ treasury professionals registered from institutions including:
Kuwait Airways • General Motors Egypt • BP International • Maersk A/S • Universal Music Group • Huawei • ABInBev • AIG • Electrolux • DHL • Standard Bank • Shell • Facebook • Honeywell • Unilever • Nestle • UPS • BASF • Getty Images • Yamana Gold • Church and Dwight • FLSmidth • SAP • Huhtamaki • Jabil • Nampak • Jas Worldwide • Sochitel • EQUATE Petrochemical Company • SVP worldwide • FMO • GSK • Zoetis • Henkel • AVI Limited • MSC Cruises • Al Futtaim • Davita • Barloworld • Alshaya • Continental Reinsurance • Lloyd’s Register • Save the Children International • Exxaro Resources • Thomas Cook Tourism (UK) • G4S • WPP • Heidelberg Cement • Borealis • PetroSA • CDC Group • Royal DSM • ICRC • Aker Solutions ASA • Kearney • ABB • Apparel Group • ASSA ABLOY • Fluor • Iron Mountain • Medecins Sans Frontieres • Medtronic • Oceana Group • Schlumberger • Booking.com • Alcoa • WR Grace • Engie • Standard Chartered • ExxonMobil • UNHCR • Citi • Alstom • CEVA Logistics • Louis Dreyfus Company • Siemens Energy • Baker Hughes • Hilton • Avery Dennison • Robert Bosch • Oxfam GB • Baylis Medical • Olam International • Ericsson • BlackRock • Botswana • Telecommunications Corporation • Pfizer • Caterpillar • Roche • Danone • The Walt Disney Company
to name a few!
Who should attend?
- Corporate treasury and finance professionals who are responsible for their company’s African and/or Middle Eastern operations – whether you are already in these regions or thinking about it.
- Product, sales and marketing teams from financial institutions and service providers who want to meet with corporate treasurers and better understand the challenges they face in Africa & the Middle East.