Treasury Verdict Turkey

Apr 23rd 2014 | Europe

INTRODUCTION

Treasury Verdict is the electronic voting and panel discussion held at EuroFinance events worldwide. This report is based on the votes of corporate treasury professionals, bankers and other vendors and advisers who attended EuroFinance’s 10th annual conference on Cash, Treasury & Risk Management in Turkey, held in Istanbul, on 15 and 16 April 2014.

Commentary was provided by these panellists:

  • Dr. Riza Kadilar, Senior Country Manager & Representative for Turkey, NATIXIS, Turkey (Conference chair)
  • Ayşe Zadil, Executive Director & Head of Turkey & Azerbaijan, Global Corporate Bank, J.P. Morgan
  • Ciğdem Güres, Head of Treasury, Cola-Cola İcecek, Turkey

Key findings

  • Fully 53% of treasury and finance professionals in Turkey feel less confident about their business’ prospects in the next year. Only 21% of treasurers in Turkey feel more confident about their business’ prospects in the next year. This makes treasurers in the country the least optimistic when compared to their peers in the Middle East (78%), India (66%), China (60%), Southern Africa (58%), Brazil (55%) and even those in Europe (38%). [Question 1, see Global Context below]
  • Treasurers in Turkey say that their capital structure is aligned with their company’s long-term plans. Almost half (44%) say this is the case, while a further 27% say that they are currently repositioning to meet these plans. [Question 4]
  • Almost seven out of every 10 treasury and finance professionals in Turkey (69%) are actively seeking ways of diversifying their funding sources. The remaining 31% are not. [Question 5]
  • A majority of Turkish treasurers (64%) are happy with the level of cash visibility they have and their ability to deploy it in their
  • organisation. [Question 7]
MENU