EuroFinance Treasury Excellence Awards
These awards are the benchmark for treasury excellence. Past winners include Uber, Volvo Cars, Stripe and OpenText.
Every year, the theme changes to reflect the key trends that have emerged in treasury over 12 months, and the winners are invited to tell their story at our annual flagship conference International Treasury Management.
Mastering strategic change (main award)
Just as businesses are looking at radical change to keep themselves relevant, so too must treasury. Disruption is a given. But how to create a coherent strategy of how to remodel? How to evaluate in advance the myriad risks that new business and treasury models are likely to entail? Winners of this award have innovated to drive treasury efficiency, control risk and create value for the wider business.
Award for digital transformation/technology implementation
Treasury has become a driver in joining up disparate systems and making their data available for real-time analysis. This award recognises their role in reducing complexity and increasing visibility and insight, connecting treasury to the business in a way that has not been possible until now.
Award for treasury management/process transformation
As companies grow and acquire others, treasury departments must manage and rationalise legacy systems and relationships, while keeping up with business innovation. From areas such as cash pooling to real-time payments, this award recognises treasury’s role in centralising and extracting efficiency across processes.
Award for innovation in risk and financing
As companies chase growth across the world, risks increase too, especially in emerging markets. Treasury is expected to manage these risks while maintaining access to cheap funding and providing steady cash flow for shareholders. This award recognises treasury skill in tackling risk management and funding challenges.
How to enter
- There is no entry form and no cost to enter. Please email your entry to email@example.com with ‘Award’ in the subject field
- Please provide a clear explanation as to why you should win the EuroFinance Treasury Award for Excellence. Submissions should ideally be on one side of A4 and in English.
- You may submit supporting material but this must have English translations of the most important components. (Testimonials from your chief executive, investors, bankers, or internal customers/stakeholders may be helpful but are not necessary)
- Any commercially sensitive information in the entry should be marked as such and will not be publicised by the judging panel. Please note, however, that you must provide an adequate amount of disclosure to justify the award.
- Winners will be expected to make a treasury executive available for interview, for an article to be published on the EuroFinance website, and should notify their communications teams of this.
- The deadline is 22 July 2019
- You can publicise yourself as the “Winner of the EuroFinance Treasury Award for Excellence 2019” and use the Award logo on your website and other materials.
- Banks and vendors whose clients win an award may license the Award logo from EuroFinance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- You will be interviewed for an article about your achievements published on the EuroFinance website.
- At our annual flagship conference you will be awarded the EuroFinance Treasury Award for Excellence trophy and give a presentation on the achievements that won you the award.
Guidelines and tips
It’s easy to enter the awards – after all, in showing what you can achieve, you’ve already done the hard part. The simple procedure and guidelines are detailed below.
We are looking for a good narrative which means there aren’t any checklists or lengthy submissions. We don’t want check-boxes, because that’s not your kind of treasury. What we are looking for is a compelling story. Ideally, to excite our interest, that story can be given simply in bullet points on one page of A4 paper showing concrete examples of treasury-led/implemented transformation project (s) that show good communication, mobilisation of resources and teamwork through adversity.
Criteria and eligibility
The annual EuroFinance Treasury Awards are presented to the companies that best embody the themes of EuroFinance’s flagship event.
The awards are open to any commercial business, public/state-sector entity or not-for-profit organisation, anywhere in the world.
Banks, FIs, software providers and other vendors are not eligible to enter but we welcome submissions on behalf of your corporate clients.
Competition for these awards is strong, and so it is unlikely (but not impossible) that treasuries from the smallest businesses will satisfy the criteria.
This is an exclusive award so any candidates that win another treasury award (such as the Adam Smith award) in the same year will automatically be excluded from consideration.
- The judging panel will comprise members of the EuroFinance editorial, research and programming teams, chaired by the Senior Editor. Their decision will be based purely on merit.
- The judging panel may conduct its own additional research or put questions to the entrants in order to clarify your submissions.
- Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed by one of our senior editorial team and the most interesting story forwarded to our editorial panel.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful entrants other than to advise them of the results of the awards
- Entrants will be notified whether they have won or been shortlisted as soon after the closing date as a thorough judging process allows.
- Anyone considering entering these awards who has any questions about the rules or procedures may email email@example.com.