Webinar: Accessing Short Term Funding and Working Capital
Online | 12 May 2020 | 3pm BST / 4pm CET / 10am EST
The current Covid-19 crisis has sent shockwaves through global financial markets. In the US and Europe, the Fed and ECB have cut interest rates and approved billions in bailout packages, the OECD and IMF have slashed growth forecasts for 2020 in many countries, stock markets have plummeted, rallied and fallen again, and oil prices have turned negative due to weakening demand in aviation, business travel, tourism and several other sectors.
Critically, access to short term funding and working capital to maintain working capital liquidity in volatile and unpredictable markets is now paramount for many treasurers. The bond markets have seen record issuance for high grade corporates and many companies are drawing on loan facilities. In this webinar, we explore the short term corporate funding options for companies seeking to access working capital, as treasurers seek to navigate market disruption.
Topics for discussion:
- How has the current volatility in global markets impacted the short term funding market for companies?
- How are central bank actions including rate cuts and bailouts (such as the Paycheck Protection Programme in the US) impacting the corporate lending market? Will we see greater drawdowns on revolving loan facilities?
- Are the repo markets a good source of funding for corporates now?
- Are the commercial paper markets a viable option for lower grade corporates?
- Is the short term bank loan market functioning well and serving the needs of corporates?
- Where is pricing headed on short term bank loans?
- Are local currency bond markets viable options for high yield corporates?
- What yields are we currently seeing in short dated debt markets?
- What are the ‘alternative’ or institutional lending options for corporates?
- Is the private placement market open and functioning for corporate borrowers?
- Are fintechs helping ease the credit situation and improve short term working capital?
Paul NicholsonSenior Content Producer EuroFinance (moderator)
Patrick KunzTreasurer a.i., Takeaway.com, MD Pecunia Treasury & Finance BV
Vincent AlmeringGroup Treasurer Interfood
Vincent Almering is currently the Group Treasurer of Interfood Holding B.V. a leading Dutch Dairy commodity trading firm with over 2€ Billion in turnover. He is responsible for the global treasury operations, bank relationships, risk management and works closely with commerce to structure commodity derivatives products and optimize the use of working capital. With over 14 years of experience in various finance roles at large multinationals and mid-size corporates, he is keen to understand complex business models and find ways to tackle tomorrow’s financial challenges. Vincent has a Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from the Technical University in Eindhoven, an Executive Master in Finance from TIAS Business school, and holds both the Registered Controller and Registered Treasurer title.