Webinar: Building the 2021 corporate treasury
Online | December 2, 2020 | 11:00am EST
There is not a corporation on the planet that hasn’t had to make adjustments due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Now that the short-term work is done, most treasury departments are turning to 2021 to see how they shore themselves up for the new world order. What challenges are here to stay and to which objectives do treasury departments need to circle back to after a year on the proverbial back burner?
In this webinar, Bloomberg treasury specialist Alison Fletcher will review the most common concerns that she has heard from corporate treasurers over the past eight months and how corporates have adjusted. Corporate treasurers from Medtronic and Diversified Gas & Oil will join Alison to discuss their point of view and ultimately, dive into the future state of the corporate treasury.
The panel will touch on the following issues that drew increased prevalence due to COVID-19:
- Movement and upskilling of treasury staff, in terms of location and responsibility
- Credit concerns across the board
- Illiquid and volatile financial markets
- Automation of workflow
For the 2021 treasury, the speakers will address questions such as:
- How do you plan to achieve further workflow improvements?
- How will you ensure remote or decentralized access going forward for all team members?
- How do treasuries better determine early warning signs of credit events?
- Will corporations need to use more sophisticated trading methods, such as algorithms, to navigate more volatile markets?
- Is your approach to funding likely to change?
Alison FletcherCorporate Treasury Specialist Bloomberg
Alison Fletcher is a Corporate Treasury Specialist at Bloomberg, New York. She previously worked for 15 years as a Corporate FX Risk Management Advisor. Alison has been a guest speaker at the Windy City Summit, EuroFinance, Texpo and the Canadian National, Ottawa, American National, Philadelphia and Minnesota AFP’s.
Tim HusnikTreasury Director, Foreign Exchange Risk Management, Corporate Treasury Medtronic
Tim Husnik leads FX risk management at Medtronic, a $150B global medical technology company. Tim is proud of building a team of awesome people, trusting them to move beyond ‘best’ towards “legendary practice”. Tim manages corporate hedging and spearheads a FX SWAT Team to challenge, disrupt, and innovate across the firm.