Derivatives for Treasurers | Advanced
Understand and make full use of derivatives in your treasury role
This course will allow corporate treasurers to approach the derivative market from a different perspective. Without complex maths, you will be able to understand the pricing of the most common and relevant instruments and gain insight into the appropriate use of derivatives – hedging and investing in the short term. The course will also focus on the organisation of an integrated risk management and control function.
- Develop a more advanced understanding of derivatives including some unusual profiles
- Find out about new and innovative approaches in using derivatives, in the context of the treasurer’s “portfolio”
- Be able to accurately evaluate derivative exposure
- Develop cross-domain knowledge
- Feel confident in the use of derivatives in order to adjust the “portfolio” according to the targeted risk-return profile
- Acquire the right (quick) reflexes when dealing with derivatives
Who should attend?
- Corporate treasurers who have to use derivatives and structured products in their “portfolio”
- Compliance officers, risk managers and auditors who interact with treasury where derivatives play a key role and who need a better understanding of the objectives and the risks involved.
- Basic knowledge of time value of money mathematics
- Basic knowledge of portfolio management
- Basic knowledge of ethical questions